Are you looking to move to Canada with your family and wondering how to get started with the visa application process? Applying for a family visa from Dubai to Canada can be a complex and time-consuming process, but with the right information and guidance, it can be made much easier. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a family visa from Dubai to Canada.
Who can Apply for a Family Visa from Dubai to Canada?
If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you can sponsor certain family members to come and live with you in Canada. The family members that you can sponsor include:
- Spouse or common-law partner
- Dependent children
- Brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship.
Step by Step Guide on Applying for a Family Visa from Dubai to Canada
- Determine Your Eligibility
Before you apply for a family visa from Dubai to Canada, you need to determine if you are eligible to sponsor a family member. To do this, you need to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
- Be able to prove that you can provide for the basic needs of the family member you want to sponsor, such as food, shelter, and clothing
- Sign an undertaking that commits you to provide financial support for the family member for a certain period of time.
- Complete the Application Forms
The next step is to complete the application forms for sponsoring a family member to Canada. You will need to fill out the following forms:
- Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)
- Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
- Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008 DEP)
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)
- Pay the Application Fees
Once you have completed the application forms, you will need to pay the application fees. The fees for sponsoring a family member to Canada vary depending on the relationship between the sponsor and the family member being sponsored.
- Submit Your Application
After completing the application forms and paying the application fees, you will need to submit your application to the Government of Canada. You can submit your application online or by mail.
- Wait for the Processing of Your Application
Once you have submitted your application, you will need to wait for the Government of Canada to process your application. The processing time for a family visa from Dubai to Canada can vary depending on the type of application and the country from which you are applying.
Q: Can I sponsor a family member if I am not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident?
A: No, you cannot sponsor a family member if you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Q: What is the processing time for a family visa from Dubai to Canada?
A: The processing time for a family visa from Dubai to Canada can vary depending on the type of application and the country from which you are applying.