Whether to earn better pay for your hard work or to get a quality living in a distant land, there are varied reasons for people choosing to immigrate to Canada.
If you are interested in immigrating and working in Canada, there are many types of work visas to apply for, depending on your profession and situation. However, for corporate professionals and skilled workers with certain positions, the best way out is to apply for Canadian Federal Skilled Workers Program which is managed by Canada’s Express Entry System.
Canada Skilled Worker Visa from Dubai
How do I get a Canadian skilled work visa? This is the frequently asked question by those interested in moving to Canada. Well, with a huge demand for foreign skilled workers in Canada, professionals and skilled workers like doctors, managers, scientists, engineers, social workers can choose to immigrate to Canada by acquiring an immigration visa through the program. Under the federal skilled workers (FSW) program, the applicants who have experience in an eligible occupation are selected based on their ability to financially settle in Canada.
The selection criteria is based on the applicant’s age, education, work experience, IELTS score, and other aspects like previous studies or Canadian work experience. The entire process takes around one year depending on your case, once approved, you will then be granted permanent residence and be allowed to apply for Canadian citizenship after only 3 years of continuous residence in Canada.
Read More About: – How to Apply for a Canadian Open Work Permit
Who is Eligible to Apply for the Federal Skilled worker Class?
To apply for the federal skilled worker program, the applicants must fulfil the minimum work requirements along with providing enough funds proof needed to settle in Canada.
The applicants must also have at least 1 year of continuous or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in any of the qualifying occupations. For those who do not have legal Canadian employment or have not lived in Canada before, FSWP is the best option for them. Here skilled experience indicates that your occupation level should fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level 0, A, or B.
How to Immigrate to Canada Through the FSWP?
- Find out if you are eligible to apply under the FSWP criteria.
- If you meet the requirements, submit your express entry profile onto the website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- Get an invitation to apply (ITA) in the Express Entry draws. The highest CRS scored files get the opportunity to receive ITA early.
- Once you receive an ITA, go ahead to submit your completed application to IRCC.
How much does a Canadian work visa cost in the UAE? Well, there is a standard fee set by the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), that must be submitted along with the visa application. Under FSWP, the fee remains the same irrespective of your nationality or country of origin.
Advantages to Applying Under Federal Skilled Worker Program:
- To be accepted, the applicants do not need any connection to Canada. You just need to meet the minimum requirements for work experience, language proficiency, funds, and education. This is why the program is an excellent choice for candidates living outside of Canada.
- This Canada skilled worker visa program offers the highest percentage of invitations to apply with the normal processing time.
- The visa allows the applicants to move to any territory or province in Canada. This means you will not need to work with an employer, job, or even a province.
- You can also invite your family members to live, study or work in Canada.
At Alliance Capital Immigration, our Canadian immigration agents in Dubai will guide you throughout the entire procedure, from the beginning to the end for successful immigration to Canada, without making you spend on other legal advisers and agents.
To find out more about our services, visit us at Alliance Capital Immigration.